Wednesday, December 26, 2012

"Everybody Dreams" Inspiration Behind the Dream Catcher



So many reasons why I love Dream Catchers. I wanted to talk a little bit about the history and meaning of one of our most popular designs.

Originally Native American Ojibway Dream Catchers were made as a charm to protect sleeping children from nightmares. The legend is that the Dream Catcher will catch ones bad dreams in the webbing at night and disappear in the morning sun. Meanwhile the good dreams will find their way to the center of the Dream Catcher and thus creating a filter allowing only good, pleasant dreams to get through blessing the wearer with good luck and harmony.

With so many different Dream Catchers out there, I really wanted to create my own unique version, so I decided to design my own. Gemstones also are widely known for their positive properties, with this knowledge and understanding it seemed only practical to combine the two. The necklaces and earrings are made to form an asymmetrical balance. The colors and gemstones chosen are specifically for their color, texture and clarity.

No comments:

Post a Comment